Snowbirds: CPP & OAS

Can you still collect CPP and OAS if you choose to retire in Mexico?
The answer is yes.
If you have resided in Canada for at least 20 years after turning 18, you are eligible to receive CPP and OAS once you turn 65.
Since Mexico has treaty with Canada, CRA will withhold 15% of your CPP and OAS, instead of 25% with non-treaty countries, as your income taxes to Canada.

4 thoughts on “Snowbirds: CPP & OAS”

  1. Pingback: writeessay
      1. Hi there,
        I built this website first time using godaddy. I used other web builder before. And I only manage this site as needed. If you are interested in having someone managing the site for you, I can certainly try.

Leave a Reply